Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Our 2010 Whirlwind!

I guess the best place to begin our story is at the beginning, which wasn't too long ago!  I met my husband, Chris in January of 2010!  He worked at Chase bank and I was a customer there.  I went in one Monday to take care of some issues and he just happened to be the one to help me.  I was immediately attracted to him and his sense of humor!  I flirted excessively for the hour that I spent in his office.  I texted my friend Brandi when he stepped out to tell her about the cute banker I'd met!  She encouraged me to ask him out since he wasn't wearing a wedding band, but I was just plain chicken.  When I left the bank, I already regretted not asking him if he'd like to get together, so the next day I found his business card and sent him an email...what's the worst that could happen, right?  Well, he responded right away and told me that he was in a relationship.  Ouch!  Shot down! 

Chris and I stayed in touch over the next several weeks and he explained to me that his relationship was ending.  At the end of February, when he was officially single, we had our first date. Well, we had such a good time on our first date, that two days later we went on a second date, and the day after that, a third!  If Chris were telling this story, he'd say I showed up to his house on our first date and never left.  That's pretty close to the truth...hey, when you know, you know!

Four and a half months after our first date, on July 6th, Chris asked me to be his wife and I had never been happier!  My Mom's only stipulation when he asked for her blessing was that we wait until January because she thought it was important that we know each other for at least a year.  But four months later, on November 20th, we stood in front of our family and friends and became husband and wife, and my mom had never been more proud!


That afternoon at our reception, our current story began...

No comments:

Post a Comment